Sunday 25 September 2016

I got weary feet

Well it's Sunday night here in LA and this is the second last night of our grand USA adventure. It's been a busy couple of days with lots of activities. 

Yesterday morning we set off to chase down some car related stuff. First thing, we went down to Long Beach to check out a couple of cars I found on-line before we left Australia. Sadly they looked much better in the photos than they did in real life. In realty, they were both rubbish. Full of bog. A bit disappointing. There was, however, one of the Eleanor Mustangs built for "Gone in 60 seconds," but at $700,000, I decided to pass it up. 

We then went to Original Parts Group to get some floor pans for the Caddy. Still not entirely sure how I will get them home. While I was there, the bloke told me that there was a massive hot rod show at the Orange County Fairground. What timing!


Original Parts Group is like Bunnings for             Petrol Heads

Home via Walmart for a massive stock-up before dumping the family and getting to the OC Fairground. 

The highlight of the day for William (possibly the whole holiday) was catching a rare Poke only found in America. The evasive Tauros was captured outside Walmart, using their free wifi. Bonus. Much jubilation was had. 


The OC Fairground was only about 20 mins drive from our Hotel. A bloke I met there told me it was the biggest single day car show in the USA. Around 3000 very muscley cars. Lots of super custom & modified. I spent so much on parking that I didn't have enough for the entry fee. As I was trying to talk my way in, a lovely lady took pity on me and slung me a few bucks. No busking required. 



50's F-Truck with late model Powerstroke and full Harley Davidson F-Truck interior

While I frolicked in my happy car place at the OC Fairground, Lara & the kids mucked around in the pool.  I joined them on my return. The pool and waterpark at the hotel have been fantastic. 






We caught the end of the parade at DL and stayed for the fireworks. It was jam packed. I've never seen so many people. We did sneak in an ice-cream and a quick go on the autopia go-Karts. 



Today we hit Six-Flags again. It was super hot at around 37 degrees. The day was s bit mucked up. The first ride of the day misfired and Gracie & I got stuck on it for around 10 mins (at least we weren't hanging upside down). When the "kids"running the ride pulled out the manual, I forbade the rest of my family from getting on it. We got a few rides done, but we (Phil) were on each other's (Lara's) nerves a bit. 



I stupidly accepted William's invitation to join him on the Green Lantern ride. Terrible decision. I nearly lost consciousness and in the minutes following I had trouble walking in a straight line. I thought that Lara would need to drive home. It was absolutely awful. Quite possibly the worst ride I have ever been on. 

Home via In-n-Out Burger (we're giving up burgers after this trip). Stopped at Citadel outlets on the way home and did some damage in the Nike & Adidas outlets. Home by about 6.00 pm and then off to DL for the parade. We snuck in a turn on the massive Mickey Ferris wheel before we left. It was actually a bit full-on with lots of swinging. I thought Charlie was going to have a panic attack. 





The boys bought helicopter spinning things from a bloke on the way home. Back to our hotel for a swim & a spa before bed. 



We've walked so many km's over the course of this week and our feet are feeling a bit weary. Looking forward to the next couple of days and still have lots of things we want to tick off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment